Saturday, April 30, 2011

The warm glow...


I've had some questions about those random tubes from a few posts back, and I thought I'd show the rest of the set.  

Those glowing emitters are from a replica of the famous '65 Princeton Reverb.  As I mentioned a few posts ago, I've gotten into tube amps and I've since built two of my favorite historic Fender designs - the '57 Tweed Princeton and the '65 Blackface Princeton Reverb.

Here are a few build shots:















And here's a shot of the tweed Princeton. That nameplate came from my grandad.  I initially thought it came from his footlocker at basic training, but I believe it was on his locker at the factory where he worked as an electrician for decades.

 
I used his soldering gun to do both of these builds.  Meet Jasper, my trusty WEN 450

No comments:

Post a Comment