Monday, December 20, 2010

In the works...

I've been toying with some new designs, that will (fingers crossed) be making their debut sometime this spring, but I thought a mention might be in order.  

The Honeycomb OD is temporarily retired, but still currently available through Seldom Seen Vintage Guitars in Raleigh, so stop by and check one out, or order one through them.


The JunkPuncher is available through Seldom Seen, or through contacting me.

The Hot Cup-O-Fuzz has undergone a bit of a make-over (stay tuned for new glamor shots)


and now, for the new stuff...


Well, first off, I've found that the JunkPuncher sounds great on it's own, but stacking it with another JP puts it into sonic overdrive, so I'll be releasing a stacked and simplified version of the JP called the "Punch & Grind." I'm not sure what color it's going to be, but that junk is probably going to be sparkly whatever it is.  Here's a little preview of the artwork:
The Punch & Grind is going to have two footswitches, one to bypass the effect and the other to kick in the "punch" setting, which is essentially another fuzz layered into the mix.  sick...




I'm also working on a medium gain overdrive (somewhere in the territory of screaming tube amp, but not nuclear meltdown).  Here's a little peak at the artwork for that:
















And finally, the Holy Grail...


I'm working on an updated version of the venerable Ampeg Scrambler.  I've built scramblers in the past, and loved the harmonic fuzzy goodness of which they are capable, but I've always wanted a final clean gain stage to boost/adjust the overall volume.


No artwork for that one yet, but it's temporary working name is "The Centralia."  More to come...


Finally,

I rely a lot on my own ears in making decisions about what to build and how to build it, but some public opinion couldn't hurt, so I'm adding a poll on the right to get some feedback.  Which of these three are you most excited to see actually make it to a production model?  The Punch&Grind, the Infinity Drive, or the Centralia?  

I'm listening....

No comments:

Post a Comment